Hey guys! Welcome back. I hope you are having an excellent week. Today I wanted to bring you another college post and talk about reinventing yourself. College is a time to try new things and step out of your comfort zone. So when it comes to how to do that, I decided to tell you some of the ways I reinvented myself. It’s a little scary at first, but once you warm up to it it is such a great experience. This is a time for self-discovery and personal growth, so why not start here?
1. Get involved on campus. You have no idea how great of an impact getting involved on campus can be. From joining a club or a sport to being involved in various jobs on campus, there are so many benefits. You grow your skill set, build your resume, and learn about yourself in the process. You make new friends and build new relationships. You learn how to network. You figure out where you fit in and you start growing in confidence and become more comfortable with yourself.
2. Spice up your dorm room. This may be your first opportunity to design your space how you want to. This is going to reflect your personality and bring joy to your life. It is where you will spend a lot of time, so you might as well get comfortable. This is also an opportunity to experience with design and style. Don’t let it go to waste!
3. Create a vision for yourself. Your vision may change, and that’s okay. What matters is that you are going into college with some kind of vision. If you don’t, it may be more difficult for you to find a place to fit into and you may struggle more that you wish. So going in with a vision sets you on a path. You can always change your mind later, but it’s always good to have a focus.
4. Never let anyone else define you. One of the biggest mistakes I made is letting other people dictate my choices. I let what other people thought affect me way too much and it ended up hurting me in the long run. So my lesson to you is to not let other people define you. Never let anyone have that much control over your life. You have to make your own decisions because you have to live your life. No one else will.
5. Remember that you are always good enough. Reinventing yourself can be fun and exciting, but always keep in mind that you are enough just the way you are. Never let anyone make you feel like you should change if you don’t want to. Be unapologetically who you are and the right people will follow along. Life is too short to be busy trying to live someone else’s version of happy.
Thank you so much for stopping by! I hope you enjoyed this. Please like it if you did. Let me know in the comments how you are reinventing yourself (even if you’re not in college!) Don’t forget to follow before you leave if you have not already and I hope to see you next time!