Hey guys! Welcome back. Today I’m coming at you with some real life content. It all about what to avoid during a job interview. Whether it’s your dream job or just a temporary placement job, there are things you should do and things you should not do. So I wanted to focus on the things you should not do. Hopefully this helps you next time you have a job interview. Here is a list of things you should avoid during your interview.
1. Failing to prepare. One of the worst things you can do is go in not knowing anything about the job, the company, or any idea on how you are going to answer the questions. You need to have some kind of idea because going in not prepared will show and reflect poorly on your application and interview.
2. Being too informal. You need to wear proper attire and present yourself in a professional manner. Regardless of what the job is, it is important to show that you are professional and respectful.
3. Not being punctual. You should try to be as early as you can just in case something gets moved up. But you should never be late. That is another thing that will reflect poorly and may prevent them from hiring you.
4. Using your cell phone. You would be surprised how common this is. Be present with your interviewer. Show that you have courtesy and respect and that you value the time they are giving you.
5. Lying. Don’t say you can do something you can’t. Don’t say you value something just because you think it will get you hired. Be honest and stay true to yourself. Give yourself some credit and trust that the right thing will fit.
6. Not asking questions. Not asking questions makes it seem like you’re not interested. You can ask about what a typical day working there looks like. Or you can ask the interviewer if there was anything about your resume or application that concerns them. This shows that you want to know more and are hoping to get the job. It can help you stand out in the sea of applicants.
What are some things you think people should avoid in job interviews? Let us know in the comments! Thank you so much for stopping by! I hope you enjoyed this. Please like it if you did. Don’t forget to follow before you leave if you have not already and I hope to see you next time!