Hey guys! Welcome back. We all have days where everything is chaotic and we feel like we just don’t have any control. It is normal to want to ignore it all and hope that it takes care of itself. But we can’t always do that. Most of the time, it is up to us to take care of situations even in the midst of a chaotic life. So today I wanted to talk to you about how you can stay focused in the midst of chaos. Now, I am not saying that it is easy or that all of these things will work for you. What I am saying, is that these are things you can try that might just help you.
1. Remember why you are doing what you are doing. When things get chaotic and stressful, we often lose sight of why we are even doing everything that we are doing. So it is important to relax and focus on the reasons behind all of the chaos. You have a lot of responsibilities, but you wouldn’t have them if there wasn’t a reason for each one of them. If you find that you do have one and you don’t understand why, drop it. You don’t need the unnecessary chaos.
2. Write everything down. Write down everything you need to do and do in order of priority. Give everything a number and then do them in order. Also, write down the things you accomplish. Write down the things you don’t need to do. Write down how you feel. Write down ideas you have. Writing things down gets them out of your head and helps things seem a little less chaotic.
3. Read a book. Even fiction books are great when it comes to needing to focus. Reading gets you out of your own head and into the world and life of someone else. It helps you relax and think about something else that is going on. It calms you down and gets rid of some of that stress that you are holding on to. Reading gives you clarity and helps you see that there is more out there than what is going on in your mind.
4. Stop doing multiple things at once. Focus on getting one thing done at a time. It actually takes less time to get things done separately. Focus on one assignment, one work project, one child at a time. You will feel the chaos start to be a little more controlled and you will feel better about everything. The more focus you give something, the more likely it is to get finished.
5. Do the hardest thing first. The most challenging thing is the first thing you should do. Because if you wait to do it, you will be worrying about it the entire time you are trying to get other things done. So you won’t really be focused at all. So go ahead and get the hardest thing on your to-do list done and you will feel so much more accomplished. It is a great way to help you feel focused in all the chaos that is going on around you.
Thank you so much for stopping by! I hope you enjoyed this. Please like it if you did. Let me know in the comments how you stay focused in the midst of chaos. Don’t forget to follow before you leave if you have not already and I hope to see you next time!