Hey guys! Welcome back. I get a ton of questions all the time about blogging, so I decided to answer them in this post. If you have asked a question and I didn’t answer it, I may have missed it, so put in the comments below. Also ask any questions you have that don’t show up in this post. I will answer them in the next one. But these are all some frequently asked questions, especially if you are looking to start a blog. All of these answers will be coming from my own experience blogging.
1. What is the best blogging platform? I personally love WordPress. It is free, but it has the option to pay for different plans that give you different perks. But if you just want a blog for personal use, it is free. I have dabbled with other platforms, but none of them compare to WordPress. It is easy to use, efficient, and there are so many great things you can do on this platform. I recommend WordPress over other platforms.
2. How often should I post on my blog? I would say it doesn’t really matter as long as you are consistent. So if you only have time to post once a week, that’s fine as long as you are consistent with that. Starting out you are trying to build an established audience, so you need to gain their trust. So you can’t post once, fall off for a couple of months, and come back and expect everything to be the same. Be consistent with your posts.
3. How do I plan my content? You can use a planner, calendar, or your own unique editorial calendar to do this. This will also help you stay consistent and know what you need to be planning for. Write out a tentative list of things you want to write about and then create a schedule based off of that. It will help you come up with an efficient strategy that will help keep you going.
4. How do I consistently come up with new content? Ideas come at the strangest of times. It is sometimes difficult to come up with fresh ideas. I would say just always have a notebook and pen with you so you can write down ideas. Pull from personal experience and talk about things you actually know about.
5. How long should my blog posts be? I have talked about this before and I think you should have a diverse amount of lengths on your blog. Maybe some will be 450 words. Maybe some will be over 1,000 words. Most will be somewhere between those two numbers. Just make sure you are doing your best work and it doesn’t matter how long or short it is. In most cases quality is better that quantity. Just stay true to yourself and don’t ramble on.
6. How should I promote my blog posts? Social media is a great driving force for your blog. Don’t depend on social media because as we have seen, sometimes that goes down. But use social media to your advantage. Create pages specifically for your blog and share the links on your blog. This way your audience has new ways to follow you and connect with you.
7. How can I engage with my audience? One of the easiest ways to do this is reply to comments. The more you talk to them, the more they will talk to you. Ask questions in your blog posts that your audience can answer. Also, this is another way social media comes in handy. Don’t neglect your followers!
8. What is the biggest mistake you see bloggers make? The biggest mistake I see bloggers make, especially new bloggers, is giving up. Being consistent is key to making anything grow, and your blog is no exception. But so many people go strong for a few months and then give up so easily.
9. How did you first get into blogging? I love writing, and I wanted to be able to have complete control over what I wrote, when I wrote, and just be able to be creative and build a community. It just happened to turn out the way it has and I am grateful.
10. What are some of the strengths that have helped you with blogging? One of the things is that I am creative. I am also a good writer, so that really helps.
11. How do your find the time to blog? I find that if you really want to do something, you make the time for it. I always schedule time in my day to write, schedule, and promote. It’s not easy, but I make it work.
12. Should I share my blog with the people in my life? I think this is something every blogger struggles with. Or at least most. It was a difficult decision on my part to share my blog with the people in my life. But I did. Sometimes I wish I had waited, but another part of me knows there is no right time. There is the chance that you don’t have to share it ever, but if you choose to, I say do it.
13. How do I get help with my blog? Help is out there in a plethora of ways. One way is to sign up for blog coaching. You can email me at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information on that.
Those are my most frequently asked questions! If you have other questions, leave them in the comments. Thank you so much for stopping by! I hope you enjoyed this. Please like it if you did. Don’t forget to follow before you leave if you have not already and I hope to see you next time!