Hey guys! Welcome back. If you are anything like me you perhaps struggle with your self worth and view yourself very negatively at times. I know I have had an uphill battle with this my entire life. But then I realized that being negative and have low self esteem was not really doing anyone any favors. So I decided to find ways to try to overcome those negative feelings and rise above how I saw myself. And I actually found a few things that actually helped and I wanted to share them with you. So if you are excited to find out a few ways to overcome low self worth, just keep reading.
1. Stop pretending. If you want to raise your self esteem, you have to stop pretending to be someone you’re not. We all have people in our lives who pressure us to be something we are not or try to make us feel like we are doing things wrong. But if you really want to feel good about yourself, you have to stop pretending just to make other people happy. At the end of the day, you have to live your life, so you might as well make it one you enjoy.
2. Learn to say no. You can’t do everything and you won’t get anywhere trying. So learn to say no when you need to. Be true to yourself and know your values. Find what is important to you and learn to keep out things that don’t belong. So many times I say yes because I don’t want to disappoint someone else. But it has caused me at certain points in my life to feel worthless because I know everyone will expect things from me but never really appreciate it. Make people learn to value you by saying no when you need to.
3. Allow yourself to make mistakes. I used to think making any mistake was the worst thing ever. It was something I avoided at all costs. I was raised thinking I was not allowed to mess up. But as I get older I realize no one is perfect. No one lives a life with no mistakes and no regrets. We all struggle. We all fail sometimes. But if you allow yourself to make mistakes, you will grow and start to feel better about yourself.
4. Take responsibility for your actions. We all mess up. We all at some point let someone down. But in order to let that go and not constantly feel bad about yourself, you have to take responsibility. Don’t make excuses. Don’t ignore. Own it, apologize, and fix it if you can. After that, things will clear and you will feel better about yourself and your self esteem will rise back up.
5. Help others. Helping others puts a lot of good vibes in the world. And it automatically helps us feel better. When you help other people you learn to see the world in a different way. You learn to know that the world is not so bad and if you can do some good, you should. Once you see that you are benefiting someone else, you will start understanding your place and purpose in this world.
6. Stop worrying about your choices. Once you make a decision, stick with it. Stop worrying so much about the outcomes. Just live your life and know that everything happens for a reason. There is something to comes from every situation. Don’t worry so much and your self esteem will get better. You won’t hold on to as much negativity and that will help a lot.
Thank you so much for stopping by! I hope you enjoyed this. Please like it if you did. Let us know your thoughts in the comments. Don’t forget to follow before you leave if you have not already and I hope to see you next time!