Hey guys! Welcome back. I hope you had an excellent weekend. I have always been proud of my skin. I have very few break outs, I have pretty clear skin, and I know what I have to do to take care of it. So today I wanted to share my tips with you on how to have clear skin and keep it that way. Of course, every person has different skin which is why these are pretty general tips. But hopefully you find this useful and helpful if you want clear skin and need to know where to begin. If you have any questions, let me know in the comments or follow us on social media. So if you are interested in my tips for clear skin, just keep reading!
1. Never skip moisturizer. Regardless of your skin type, everyone needs to moisturize. It is an important step that I realized was really important when I started wearing makeup. Even if you don’t wear makeup, moisturizing is super important. I have really dry skin so I know if I am not adding moisturizer, my skin will get really red and flaky. If you have oily skin you are probably doing everything you can to remove the oils from your skin. So you need to moisturize to add back the moisture that you need. There are tons of moisturizers out there for all skin types.
2. Know your skin type. As I just mentioned, knowing your skin type is vital. It is important because knowing your skin type and understanding what that means will help you in choosing the right products and making sure that you are properly taking care of your skin. Your skin has different needs based on what type of skin you have. So knowing what you need to do and how to take care of it will only benefit you in the end. Getting the wrong products for harm your skin even more.
3. Exfoliate. Exfoliating your skin helps remove the dead and dry skin and leaves you with a smooth surface. This helps clean out your pores and get rid of a lot of the toxins that build up on your skin, especially if you wear makeup. Exfoliating is one of my favorite things to do because I can really see a difference after I exfoliate. My skin feels fresher and I feel like it can breathe. I love how smooth and soft my skin is after exfoliating. There are some really inexpensive exfoliators too.
4. Get beauty sleep. Not getting enough sleep, believe it or not, can harm your skin. Just like the rest of your body, your skin needs a break. Sleeping allows your cells to revive and replenish, so not getting an adequate amount of sleep can keep your skin from reviving itself. This can cause break outs, build up, and sometimes worse. Sleeping can help clear your skin and bring life back to the skin. You will have less darkness as well.
5. Wash your face. This probably goes without saying, but I’m going to include it anyway. If you do not consistently wash your face, you can never hope for clear skin. Taking off your makeup before you go to bed is important. Washing all the dirt, excess oils, and other particles from your face is important. Not washing your face allows all of the crud to remain on your face and clog your pores. That does not equal clear skin.
6. Drink lots of water. Something I have found helps a lot is drinking a ton of water. Just like moisturizing is important, so is being hydrated. Sleeping affects your skin in a very similar way that drinking water does. Drinking water helps balance things out and helps your skin stay refreshed. It has a major impact you may be missing out on. So if you are looking to clear up your skin, I highly recommend maximizing your water intake.
While none of these tips stand alone, each one is essential to clearing up your skin. They are each important in their own way, so I highly recommend starting to include them in your routine. Thank you so much for stopping by! I hope you enjoyed this. Please like it if you did. Let us know in the comments what your favorite tip for clear skin is. Don’t forget to follow before you leave if you have not already and I hope to see you next time!