Hey guys! Welcome back. Today I wanted to do a highly informational post and talk to you guys about how to make your blog stand out from the rest. There are a lot of bloggers and with everyone picking it up it can seem like you are swimming in a sea of others. The good news is, there is no rule that says people can only follow or read one blog. So today I am going to talk about how you can help your blog stand out so people will be drawn to it and want to read it.
1. Write great content. Writing great content will help your blog stand out. Write from the heart and write what you know to be true. Write what your audience wants to read. It doesn’t have to be extremely long. Your readers don’t want fluff or filler. They want you to get to the point and say what you need or want to say. Having great content does not mean your posts are 1,000+ words. It means you are writing what you know to be true and connecting with your audience.
2. Build your brand. One of the best things you can do if you want your blog to stand out is to create a brand around your blog. That doesn’t mean you have to start a business or sell anything. It just means that you are creating a brand that your audience can recognize. From having a logo, to a catch phrase, to having a niche, being a blogger that stands out is all about having something that sets you apart. Having a visually pleasing blog will help your followers want to come back.
3. Post more frequently. This doesn’t mean you have to post everyday. It just means post as much as you can. Even if it is once a week, posting frequently will help you become more recognizable and you will begin to stand out. Have a regular posting schedule and make sure your audience knows what it is. It will help you become a regular blog that people read and follow and this will help you stand out.
4. Get on social media. I can’t stress how important social media is when you want to be a blogger. Social media helps you connect with your audience, share your content, and connect with other bloggers. It is important when you are trying to stand out that you are active on social media and helping others find your content. If you neglect social media, you are neglecting to be seen.
5. Have Good Titles. I don’t believe in click bait because your audience can see right through that. What you need is quality, informative headlines that tell your reader what you are going to be talking about. It is essential that you have creative and catchy titles without seeming like you are trying to get views. Your audience won’t grow and you won’t stand out if you seem too desperate. Make sure that what you are talking about makes sense with your title.
6. Make content easy to scan. When possible, make sure your content is easy to follow and easy for readers to scan. I try to list things and make key sentences bold. And then I explain what I am saying in regular font for the people who want to read it. This just helps with retaining followers and making sure everyone can get what they need.
7. Take advantage of your strengths. You know what you are good at so make sure you are using that to your advantage. It will help you stand out. If you are good at writing, make sure you are writing great content. If you are good at photography, include imagery that makes sense for your content. Don’t hide your skill set. Use it to your advantage and you will stand out.
8. Show your personality. People love bloggers they can relate to and have a connection with. So allowing your personality to shine through in any way will help you stand out. Don’t try to hide who you are. Give it your all and people will see that. Make your content as real as possible. Your audience wants to connect with you and be able to feel like they really know you. So show your personality and give them what they are there for.
Thank you so much for stopping by! I hope you find this helpful. Please like it if you do. Let me know in the comments how you make your blog stand out or what stands out about my blog. Don’t forget to follow before you leave if you have not already and I hope to see you next time!