Hey guys! Welcome back. I hope you have had a great week. Today I wanted to talk to you about taking action. If you are anything like me, you have great ideas but you never seem to follow through with them. That is how I am. I struggle with the actual taking action part and then I am disappointed when I don’t get the results. But it’s my own fault. So today I decided to talk to you about how I started to actually take action with my goals and my dreams. These are things that really helped me and I hope they help you too.
1. Stop waiting for the perfect moment. I used to wait until everything was perfect and I had everything figured out in order for me to take action. It actually pushed me back way farther than I would have been if I had not waited and just started doing. My life got so much better when I realized that the timing was never going to be perfect. I shouldn’t wait until I’ve graduated or have a house. I should just do the things that are going to make me happy and help me be successful in my own way.
2. Stop over-thinking. Similarly to waiting for perfect timing, I am a serious over-thinker. I always think about what could go wrong, that I could fail, and all the other things that don’t really matter. What matters is trying. I know it is easier said than done, but not over-thinking has really changed my mindset which has changed my life. It is so great to be able to turn off the over-thinking and believe in myself.
3. Keep taking action. Being consistent will decrease your chances of giving up. You are more likely to see results if you keep trying and keep working at what you are doing. I know for me being consistent is one of the best ways for me to take more actions in the future. It helps me see that I can do it and motivates me to keep going. So if you are looking to build a habit of taking action, I would say just start taking as many steps as you can.
4. See it as a way to overcome fear. The best way to overcome the fear of doing something or what might happen is to just do it. One of the biggest reasons that I hold back from doing something is that I am afraid. But letting myself do it anyway and letting the fear guide me is the best way to get something done. I have learned that taking action is the best way to overcome fear and that is a huge motivating factor.
5. Focus on right now. You can’t change the past and you don’t know what the future holds. All you have is right now. So if you are looking to take action, there literally is no time like the present. Learn to focus on where you are and what you have. It’s good to set goals and learn from the past. But one of the best things you can do to actually take action is to focus on the present. Understand where you are and what you need to do right now to make things happen.
6. Eliminate the distractions. In today’s society there are tons of distractions. From Netflix to social media to all the other things going on, we are constantly surrounded by so much. Our time is divided between so many different things that it can be difficult to focus on only one thing at a time. But if you want to take serious action, put down your phone and focus on what you are doing. Remove as many distractions as possible and you will see progress.
Thank you so much for stopping by! I hope this is helpful. Please like it if you did. Let us know in the comments how you take action. Don’t forget to follow before you leave if you have not already and I hope to see you next time!
You can shop the boutique here!