Hey guys! Welcome back. Relationships are difficult and they become even more difficult when they end for no apparent reason. I think it is easier to get over a break up or a person when you know why. But for something to end and there not to be a reason, I find that to be really difficult. You are left wondering and questioning and things just don’t make a lot of sense. So today I wanted to share a few tips on what to do if you get dumped without any warning.
1. Talk about it. It can be difficult because when you break up with someone people always want to know why. And talking about it can remind you of what you are going through. But I think talking through things helps us come to terms with what is happening and get through it. Surrounding yourself will people who love you and support you can help you get through what you are going through. It’s not easy, but I think it’s worth it.
2. Don’t text them. For obvious reasons, texting the person who dumped you probably isn’t the best idea. I understand that you want answers and you want to understand what happened. But texting them all the time is not going to help. If they want to tell you, they will. Otherwise, there is no point in constantly asking them. You will just drive you and the other person crazy. It’s best to just give them space and take some time for yourself.
3. Breathe. You are probably going through a lot of emotions right now, so it’s important to take time to remain calm and just breathe. With everything you are feeling, you probably have a hard time keeping your emotions in check and that’s okay. But it is really important to breathe and relax. Devote time to just relaxing and being still. Meditate or do yoga and take your mind off of what is going on.
4. Let yourself feel the emotions. If you are feeling all of the emotions, let yourself feel them. Bottling them up or ignoring them won’t help you. Spend some time with yourself or someone you trust and let it all out. It will hopefully help you move on and come to terms with what happened. The longer you wait to get it out, the harder it will be when you decide you are ready. Letting it out now will only help you in the end.
5. Involve yourself in things that make you feel good. After you have let yourself feel all of the bad emotions, it’s time to start helping yourself feel better. After a breakup you might get down on yourself and you might start questioning your value. Remember to be kind to yourself and nurture your spirit. Remember that a break up is not the end of the world and you do deserve happiness. Remind yourself of that and find things to do that remind you that you are worthy and good enough.
Thank you so much for stopping by! I hope you enjoyed this. Please like it if you did. Let us know in the comments how you get over a difficult break up. Don’t forget to like and subscribe before you leave if you have not already and I hope to see you next time!