Hey guys! Welcome back. Today I wanted to talk to you about living a healthier lifestyle and the things I have found to help me. Of course these may seem very obvious to most of you, but I know that sometimes these are easier said than done. It is really easy for someone to tell you to do these things, but you have to make the decision to do them. I know for me it was really difficult to motivate myself and I still struggle at times. But I also know that having someone help motivate me was really beneficial and something that helped inspire me. And that is what I hope to do with you today. Here are five steps you can take for managing a healthier lifestyle.
1. Include more fruits and vegetables in your diet.
Diets rarely work because people forget that your diet consists of what you eat. And you truly do need everything. However, to be truly healthy you must include fruits and vegetables and eat the things your body needs. It is easier when you are controlling your own pantry and someone else is not stocking up the kitchen with other things. If you are in control of the grocery shopping, stock up on fruits and vegetables along with other things you want or need. Just make sure everything is in moderation and you are getting everything you need.
2. Exercise. This is a given, but it is super important. Taking control of your diet is only one aspect of living a healthier lifestyle. I know for me it is really difficult to find a place to exercise, but I usually just do it at night in the bathroom. Where there is a will, there is a way. This will help your body get stronger and look better. It’s not about being skinny, but about being comfortable with yourself and taking care of your body.
3. Drink water. For some reason, drinking water is difficult for some people. I understand. I used to hate it too. But I learned all the benefits of drinking water and now I can see where it is a good thing so I don’t dislike it as much. Water is really good for you especially during the day while you are working and losing a lot of energy. Water hydrates you and helps your skin.
4. Take care of your mental health. Your physical health is extremely important and you should work to take care of it. But your mental health is important as well. Your mental health is what drives you to take care of your physical health. So be good to your mind and body by taking care of your mind. Do things that relax you and make you happy. Find hobbies that help with your mental help. I promise you will see a difference in all aspects of your life.
5. Destress. This is a part of taking care of your mental health, but I know that it is important all on its own. I have a lot going on in my life, so of course there is a lot of stress. If I don’t find healthy ways to relieve that stress I get extremely anxious and start to struggle a lot. So I know I need to destress in order to function properly and not feel so fatigued all the time.
Thank you so much for stopping by! I hope you enjoyed this. Please like it if you did. Let me know in the comments your favorite way to live a healthier lifestyle. Don’t forget to follow before you leave if you have not already and I hope to see you next time!