Hey guys! Welcome back. I first wanted to start off by saying we are 150 people away from 1,000 blog followers, so please share this with your friends, family, and followers. It would mean the world if we could get there this month or by the end of the Summer. But today I wanted to talk to you about handling life’s uncertainties because we all know they are there. I have a lot of uncertainties in life because things are not always clear. We don’t always have the answers for the things we feel like we need to know. And that’s okay. Today I wanted to talk about how to handle that and what to do when you don’t have the answers you want or need.
1. Let go of the need to control everything. We can’t control everything in our lives and we have to let go of the desire to do so. Some things are left up to other people, fate, or chance. Some things are beyond our control and it doesn’t matter what we think should happen, if it’s meant to be, it will be. There is only so much you do, but that is only human. It doesn’t make you weak. I know that I worry a lot when I lose control of situations and it isn’t up to me anymore. But I have learned that trying is enough because if you don’t try it will definitely never happen.
2. Think about the best that could happen. To spare ourselves from disappointment, we often try to think about the worst case scenario. However, I don’t think that is really all that great of a concept. There is so much more to it than that. In fact, envisioning the best that could happen will help you see that there is hope. You will feel more confident about where you are headed and feel happy with where you are. You will be more calm and make better decisions when you need to.
3. Reflect on the past. We have all faced uncertainty in the past, so it is good to be able to look back and see how you have handled that in the past. This will allow you to see what you did right, what you did wrong, and some things that you could do differently this time around. This will help you create a more clear understanding of what uncertainty means to you and figure out the best approach for you this time around. Of course, every situation is different, but reflecting can remind you that it’s normal and certain things can help you.
4. Keep moving forward. When we face uncertainty, we often avoid moving forward. When we don’t know what is coming next we decide we don’t want to go on. We would rather have a sure thing that we aren’t completely satisfied with that an uncertain thing that we are should we would be happy with if we got it. The point is, we don’t like to take a risk on ourselves. But I challenge you to move forward in the face of uncertainty because it will work out exactly how it is supposed to and you just have to trust that.
5. See the possibility. Life is full of incredible opportunities and if you open your eyes to them you will see that you have a canvas to work with. If you go out and try new things and invest in yourself, you have no idea all the things that could work out in your favor. Remember what brought you here and see the future as your story waiting to be written. Yes, it will be scary. But if your dreams don’t scare you they probably aren’t big enough. So find your passion in life and follow it with your whole heart.
Thank you so much for stopping by! I hope you enjoyed this. Please like it if you did. Let us know in the comments how you handle uncertainty. Don’t forget to follow before you leave if you have not already and I hope to see you next time!