Hey guys! Welcome back. Today I wanted to share something a bit more personal. I wanted to talk about some decisions that have changed me. I just felt convicted to share these things and how they impacted who I am as a person. I love being able to write these posts and connect with you all on a much more personal level. I know that you guys enjoy reading them as much as I enjoy writing them. So here are the decisions that I have made that changed my life forever.
1. The decision to change. Deciding to change is not something I ever thought I would have to do. I thought change was just something that happened. But as I got to know myself and what I wanted in life, I realized that if I wanted my life to be different I would have to change things. I couldn’t keep doing the same things and allowing the same people to remain in my life and expect everything to magically get better. So I realized that things would have to change. I have slowly but surely started letting people go. There are some people who don’t realize their time is coming, but it is. I have learned that in order for me to have the life I want, I have to let go of the life that I don’t want.
2. The decision to follow my passions. Blogging and helping other people are both things that I am extremely passionate about. So I am working on building a career out of doing both. It’s been a slow start and I am ready to dive right in, but I know that it will take time and I have to be patient. But the decision to follow my passion and do work that I love is something that I hold near and dear to my heart. I know that it is something I really want and I have to work for it. But it has given me hope and motivation and that is something I wouldn’t trade for the world.
3. The decision to make my own family. They say that blood is thicker than water, but I have seen that that often causes more problems than anything. I believe that a family is who you choose it to be. It’s the people that make you feel whole and complete. The people who truly love you and want to be a part of your life. So the decision to make my own family and only allow people who I truly feel love and care about me has changed my life. I am happier and much more confident than ever before.
4. The decision to show up for myself. Sometimes it’s easy to back down when things get scary or the unknown arises. But I have learned that all that does for me is cause me pain and unhappiness. I have to learn to be there for myself and believe in my abilities. Otherwise I won’t get the things that I want. Because everything I feel I want and deserve are all things that come with me working through the fear and doing it anyway. It’s easy to stay where it is comfortable, but that was getting me nowhere.
5. The decision to listen to what people are saying. I used to ignore things when people said negative or hurtful things to or about me. I tried to ignore and hope it went away. But when I decided to start listening and let it hurt me, I was finally able to see who should be in my life and who shouldn’t. Because I find that a major issue is people think their words and actions don’t have any consequences so they never learn that they should think before they speak. So knowing what people say and do to me helps me know who I should let go. Especially as I embark on a new chapter in life.
6. The decision to make myself a priority. I used to base decisions on what other people thought was best. I consulted everyone else before I made any decision. But that just made me indecisive and unsure. So I decided to start prioritizing myself and what I want. I decided to make my own decisions and choices in life. I knew that I would never be truly content until I figured out what I wanted and what my values are. And once I did, I was able to be a lot happier and know that I was making the right decisions.
7. The decision to go to college. I can’t make this list without including my decision to go to college. Because going to college has changed my life in more ways than one. Not only am I walking away with a college education, but I am also coming out a better, more confident person. I am happier. I learned so much about myself. And I made some amazing, life long friends. Going to college is one of the best decisions I could have ever made for myself and I’m thankful for the journey.
8. The decision to get married. This is a decision that I didn’t think I would make until way later, but I’m thankful I did it now. I know my life is going to change more than ever now, but I think it’s all going in a positive direction. I am looking forward to what the future holds and seeing how much happier I will be in the future. I know that marriage changes a lot, but I am so hopeful and thankful for the opportunity.
9. The decision to know when to quit. And by this, I mean the decision to know when to quit anything. From relationships to hobbies to college majors, I have learned to know when it is time to let go. If something doesn’t fit in my life the way I feel that it should, it’s best to let it go because I know God is going to give me more and help me find what is truly meant to be in my life. If there is one thing I have learned from my parents, it’s that I shouldn’t hold on to things that don’t bring me happiness.
10. The decision to start a blog. Of course, this is another one that I couldn’t not include. Starting this blog and nurturing it’s growth and progress has had an incredible impact on my life. It’s been such an amazing experience and I am so thankful that I have the opportunity to work on it everyday and build relationships with all of you. It has made me a better writer, a better creator, and a better person.
Those are the decisions that have changed my life forever. I could go on, but I think this post is long enough. Thank you so much for stopping by! I hope you enjoyed this. Please like it if you did. Let me know in the comments what decisions changed your life. Don’t forget to follow and subscribe before you leave if you have not already and I hope to see you next time!