Hey guys! I am currently looking for a part-time personal assistant. I would love if they could be in the Cincinnati, OH area, but I will be accepting all applications from U.S. residents. This is a part-time position so you can work around other things you have going on. This is just a great opportunity to make some extra cash and join the Love, Geeky Girl team!
About the position:
I am seeking a self-starting, motivated person who is passionate about helping us stay true to our mission and grow the blog to new heights. I am looking for someone who is creative and friendly to join the team and help us be even better than we are right now. No experience is required for this position, however, I am looking for someone who is good with computers and social media.
You will be required to commit to five hours a week and the pay is $8 an hour. So you can do an hour a day Monday through Friday or work it out however you need to. Keep reading to find out what the job consists of.
- Creating a social media strategy: Social media is a big part of growing a blog, so I need some help creating a strategy and finding someone to help me with that side of it. It’s important to have a strategy so we are on the same page of what you are planning and how you will be handling the social media pages.
- Create a social media calendar: I recommend using Google Calendar because it has a great layout, it’s online, and it’s easy to share. Having a calendar will help you keep track of what your plans and goals are and help you manage everything. It’s just helpful to stay organized.
- Find/create images for social media posts: When it comes to social media, pictures are a big deal. So it’s really important to have some ready for all platforms as soon as possible. Whether you do it on a daily basis or a weekly basis, start getting some images ready to go.
- Share blog posts: One of the biggest tasks you will be assigned is to share the blog posts that we have up on the site. There are new posts everyday, so you will be responsible for sharing those on at least two of the platforms everyday. It’s important to keep our followers updated as much as possible.
- Schedule and manage posts: Being able to schedule posts on social media is really helpful because you can plan in advance as much as possible. You will also help monitor and conversations and comments because people aren’t always super nice on the internet and we need to stay on top of it as much as possible.
- There will be other things that pop up that your assistance will be asked. There will be weekly “meetings” where we discuss things like progress, things that need to be changed, ideas for the future, and more. These “meetings” will come in the form of email or Skype sessions.
It is important that you have some knowledge about computers and social media. I am looking for someone who is passionate, creative, and open to new ideas. I am also looking for someone who wants to make some friends because we are all friends here.
If you would like to apply you can send me an email at firstname.lastname@example.org with the following information:
- Your name.
- Where you are from.
- Why you want to work for Love, Geeky Girl.
- What you bring to the table as far as ideas, knowledge, and skill goes.
- Is this temporary or are you looking to eventually make this a full-time position.
And that’s all. A resume and cover letter is not necessary, but is always helpful. If you have any questions please feel free to reach out. As mentioned it is five hours a week, $8 an hour. Once I find someone I want to hire, I will take down this post. Until then, apply to your heart’s content. Hope to hear from you soon!