Hey guys! Welcome back. I hope you are all having a great week. As I have been working this past week I decided that since this year has been so crazy and so much has happened that I really needed to do a little bit of reflection. I also thought this would be great to share with you guys so you not only know where I am at, but also so you can maybe follow along if you would like. So if you feel a calling to do a mid-year check in grab some paper and a pen and follow along with me! I will be reflecting on the past six months (I know we are still technically in the sixth month) and also what I will be focusing more on the last six months. So let’s start with what has already happened!
Everything I Feel Proud Of:
1. Growing in my job. My job has been a great source of stress for me this year, but it has also helped me grow so much and continues to be something I focus on getting better at.
2. My friendships. In the past year of my life my friendships have grown stronger and I feel more connected with the people who I see the most. But in these past six months especially I have really felt a strong connection in my friendships and I feel the bond getting stronger. It’s been really amazing.
3. My relationship with myself. Last year was really hard for me in a lot of ways and I can’t believe how everything worked out in the end. But through that time of hardship and uncertainty I kind of lost myself. So these past six months have been a time of really working on myself and trying to heal my relationship with myself. I can honestly say that I have come a really long way and even though there is much work to do, it’s been a great experience so far.
4. Sticking with the hard things. Sometimes it’s really easy to give up when life gets hard or when something doesn’t come as naturally as I would like it to. But I am really glad I didn’t give up.
5. Starting grad school. I think with everything that has happened this year I have been really busy and it never really sunk in that I am actually in grad school. I mean I knew I was, but that moment of “Wow this is really happening for me” never really happened. I never thought this would actually happen for me, so this is very surreal.
6. My confidence. My confidence isn’t necessarily the best, but it’s definitely better than it used to be. It is still a work in progress, but thankfully I have time.
7. Facing failure. I used to avoid failure because I was afraid of being ashamed. I didn’t try things that I wasn’t 100% sure I could accomplish. That really changed this year. This year I have been putting myself in more situations where I might fail.
8. Taking control of my environment. Physically and emotionally, I think it’s important to know who and what is in your space because it does affect you. I used to not be too careful about what kind of energy I was allowing around me and it really affected me in a negative way. So I have really spent a lot of time this year taking control of my environment and what I allow to come into my space. It’s been life-changing.
9. Living life for myself. I mean it when I say everything gets better when you stop making decisions based on what you think everyone else will approve of.
10. Continuing to beat the odds. There have been quite a few things that I have done in my life that people didn’t necessarily believe I could do. Making it on my own as quickly as I did is one of them. But I’m continuing to do that and many other things that I wasn’t sure would actually happen.
Reflecting On My Goals For 2021:
1. Learn more about personal finance. I have learned more about personal finance. Obviously I’m no expert or anything, but I have spent some time these past six months trying to learn more and do better with my finances.
2. Read 12 books. Realistically this would would mean I should have read six books by now. Or at least five. Let’s just say, I have some work to do. So if you have any book recommendations, leave them in the comments.
3. Start a gratitude journal. I started it. It’s the keeping up with it that hasn’t always happened. But this reminded me that I needed to get back on it, so I will hopefully start now!
4. Create a fitness routine. I did create a routine. I haven’t kept up with it every single day, but it’s something that I am just trying to get into the habit of doing. I’m not being super hard on myself.
5. Build an emergency fund. It’s not necessarily has much as I would like, but I have built one. It’s been such a game-changer for when things come up unexpectedly.
6. Get better at cooking. I have started getting better at cooking and trying new things. It’s really hard to find things to cook for only one person though. If you have any ideas let me know.
7. Wake up earlier. Do I wake up early every single day? No. Do I wake up early most days? Yes. So in my book, this counts as a success. Now I just need to keep up with it.
8. Continue paying down debt. This one is also still a work in progress, but it’s one I am trying to be steady with. I am not an expert in finances or anything so I am just doing the best I can right now.
9. Meet new people and build more relationships. I really want to make new friends this year and so far I have made a couple, but I really want some that are in person.
10. Complete special project. I have done this but not really in the way the way that I intended when I set this goal. That is still a work in progress and will be released at some point.
Two Areas Of Life To Focus On Over The Next Six Months:
1. Physical Health. Just trying to become the best version of myself that I can be and continue to do the things that are going to make me the most happy in the long run. And it’s been fun so far.
2. Friendships. I really want to continue to grow my friendships for the rest of the year. The friends I have made have become such an important part of my life and I want to grow the existing ones and make some new ones.
My Word For The Next Six Months:
CONNECT. My word for these next six months is connect. Connect with others, connect with myself, connect with God. Continuing to grow and build my relationships.
And that is my mid-year check-in for 2021 so far! Thank you so much for stopping by! Did you enjoy this? If you did, let me know by liking and letting me know in the comments. Also, let me know if you followed along and did your own mid-year check-in. This has been really fun for me! Don’t forget to follow before you leave if you have not already and I hope to see you next time!